Wednesday, December 05, 2007

YO, JOE!!!

Pardon my nerding out for a moment, but I just read a bit of exciting news: Rumor has it that Ray Park (better known as Darth Maul from Star Wars: Episode I — The Disappointment Begins) has been cast as Snake Eyes in the upcoming live-action adaptation of GI Joe. Park has long been many fans' favorite choice for this role. He's a hell of a martial artist, and that's really all the role requires since Snake Eyes doesn't speak. Hell, he doesn't really even show his face.

I've also heard that Sienna Miller is apparently signed to play the Baroness. Also cool. Not a name I would have picked, but I have no specific complaint. Really, as long as they get the hair, glasses and body-suit right I don't really care.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, You haven't posted in over a week and all you've got is crap about the GI Joe movie? Fair enough. Although, truth to tell, there's not a whole lot to report here. I have a sprain in my right foot for which I am taking Prednisone. It seems to be doing the trick. I haven't had caffeine, or soda of any kind, since Friday. While the headaches have passed, I am generally cranky and in a foul mood all the time. I'm hoping that phase passes soon. Rehearsals for Journey's End started last week; so far, so good. And, if I hadn't blown the last of my paid time off waiting for Comcast then I certainly would have used it today, as I have a full-on cold that makes my head feel like it weighs about forty pounds.

Also, have you guys seen the trailers for The Golden Compass? It's so... so... shiny! I must see it! Plus it's got William Donahue of the Catholic League all bent out of shape, which is always an added bonus. I haven't read the books on which this movie is based, but they are on my Christmas wish list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In one sense, I love the casting. That man can do amazing feats.

Sadly, however, it is my opinion that Ray Park is a dick. Or at least he was around Phantom Menace time. For evidence I submit a single fact - during a PAID appearance at a toy store in the UK, Park charged children 25 pounds for an autograph.

While his physical ability will forever impress me, I hope he has learned not to extort his fans.

Grr.