Monday, November 26, 2007

Case Closed

The Right Brain Project's Chalk closed yesterday, and I am sad to see it go. I met an amazing group of people, all of whom I hope to work with again. The experience was quite the adventure in non-Equity theatre. There were nights we had to shout our lines over brass bands; other nights we competed with bagpipers. There was a strong chance that the last two shows would be performed under the florescent room lights — although it thankfully never came to that. There was the night our tech team showed up and found large chunks of the stage missing. Pros that they are, the show went off without a hitch. And I think I may have given myself a stress fracture in my foot about three weeks ago when I stepped off the stage in the dark and the step wasn't there. I don't know for sure, though; I see the doctor tomorrow morning.

However, we had a blast the whole time. I can't wait to see what the RBP cooks up next.

So, tomorrow I begin rehearsals for Journey's End with the Griffin Theatre Company. Also, this will be the closing weekend for Trap Door's Emma, co-directed by my good friend Shane and featuring my fight choreography. And last week I learned that I will be appearing in BackStage Theatre Company's Bloody Bess: A Tale of Piracy and Revenge next summer. I don't think I have ever had this many theater projects in the works at the same time before. Very exciting stuff!

No comments: