Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What Have I Got In My Pocket?

Peter Jackson is going to produce The Hobbit. Finally! I hope he directs it as well. And I hope Ian McKellen plays Gandalf again. And of course Andy Serkis has to play Gollum. And my vote for the younger Bilbo would be Martin Freeman of The Office and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame.

According to the article Jackson plans to split the story into two films. I'm cool with that, although I don't know if it's necessary. He managed to squeeze the other volumes into a film each, and those were far more dense than The Hobbit. But one film or two, I'll still line up to see whatever Jackson does when it comes to Middle Earth. I can't wait to see Smaug.

Any thoughts on who should play Bard the Bowman? Or Thorin Oakenshield?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is possibly the best news I have ever heard in the realm of film. Thank fucking god.

Shane said...

I've heard they had to rush on this because the contract of New Line's president is up for renewal next year and since Golden Compass is tanking, he needs to have some good news to report!

And he might not be perfect for Thorin, but I'd love to see Rip Torn as a dwarf..... : )

Christopher said...

Rip Torn would make a great dwarf! So would Stephen Root. And then wacky hi-jinks would ensue.