Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Progress Report

I am halfway through Week 3 of "pre-training," as outlined in this book. I have not yet reached the point where I actually start, you know, running. There's still a couple of weeks to go before then. For now it's just walking, a little faster each week. Not as easy as it sounds when you are as out of shape as myself. That said, the last time I stuck with an exercise plan for longer than two weeks was in the spring of 2001, when I had to get in shape to play Macbeth at Columbia College. That was the best shape I'd been in since high school. Unfortunately I was also on the Atkins diet at the time, which did help me drop about forty pounds, but also gave me a kidney stone for my troubles.

As for measurable results, as of this morning my weight had dropped below 290 for the first time in about a year. So that's something. When I get below 280 I'll call it progress. I've recently discovered that I actually like tofu (at least some of the time), and that should help, I think. I'm still working out the whole diet thing.

If I get really ambitious, maybe one of these days I'll try giving up soda again. But let's not get too crazy, right?

1 comment:

Seth Unger said...

Blog brother! I salute you. That's sweet about the marathon running thing, you can DO IT!