Wednesday, October 12, 2005

And You Thought Columbus Day was Important

Or did you? I never really got the point of it. I mean, the guy was lost, and managed to find a place that had already been "found" by some twenty million Native Americans on two continents, not to mention a shitload of Vikings, and (if certain rumors are to be believed) even the Egyptians managed to swing by our neck of the woods a few times before old C.C. blundered his way over here.

But today we find an anniversary truly worth celebrating. Today we mark the end of oppression and tyranny, and the beginning of justice. For today, October 12, 2005, is the 146th anniversary of the Dissolution of Congress by His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Norton I.

Everybody understands Mickey Mouse. Few understand Hermann Hesse. Only a handful understood Albert Einstein. And nobody understood Emperor Norton.

Words to live by, my friends.

2 comments:

Shane said...

After that post, if this blog wasn't already named Nerdfest, I would be forced to make you change the name of it to Nerdfest.

Does that even make any sense? I had a hard time figuring out how to word it.

Kallistae!

Anonymous said...

Can I link your blog yet, or are you afraid people will read it?

Also, you need to update more often, nerdlinger.