Sunday, July 31, 2005

Addendum to the Whole Moving Thing

To be fair, I should point out that I got off easy with the helping of the moving yesterday. My good friend Christa, who is in all ways a bad mammajamma, was there all day long. Oh, and I imagine Fraser and Jen also continued to participate, what with it being their apartment after all. I was lucky enough to have somewhere else I had to be.

Moving blows. I've done it a few times since I came to Chicago, and I always approach it with dread. However, there is an undeniable sense of accomplishment when the last box or piece of furniture comes out of the truck, gets humped up the stairs, and is deposited safe and sound inside the movers' new home.

Plus, Jen and Fraser are awesome people with a fantastic relationship. Their moving in together can do nothing but good for the future of humanity. So, it's all worth it in the end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least they didn't have a garbage bag with a bowling ball and a pair of boots in it...

Anonymous said...

I can't say I'm surprised. If Mr. Walsh has a particularly difficult bowel movement, they often declare aloud that "at least it's not as bad as..."

It was pretty hilarious. Some time later.

Anonymous said...

Professional CSS
My favorite part of Web design is learning new things, so I'm always looking for new books on the ... The Planning and Development of Your Site Best Practices for XHTML and CSS Blogger: Rollovers and Design Improvements The PGA Championship The University of Florida ESPN.
Willie
hair color remover