Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Dresden Dolls

My lovely wife and I took in the Dresden Dolls concert at the Vic last Wednesday. It was quite extraordinary. Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione are a pair of dynamic performers. It's amazing that two people could create such a HUGE sound, but they absolutely filled that place - which is doubly impressive considering that their opening act, Mucca Pazza, is a full-on marching band. I'd never heard of them before, but they were a total riot. And they're local, so odds are good I'll have a chance to check them out again.

I also learned an important lesson at the show: The Droid Eris smart phone doesn't take pictures for shit. Either that, or I just don't know what I'm doing. It's probably a little of both. Anyway, here are a couple of the almost adequate pics from Wednesday:

Mucca Pazza:
Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls (no, seriously - see what I mean about this camera?):

No comments: