Sunday, April 13, 2008

On A Lighter Note...

Taking a break from the social activism and state politics for a moment, I want to mention that I'm taking part in a staged reading this evening. Whee! Remy Bumppo Theatre is holding a staged reading of an adaptation of E.M. Forster's A Passage to India. For those of you not familiar, it is a Merchant-Ivory type of story about the British occupation of India in the early 1900s. It centers around a trial that brings out racial tensions and prejudices between the local Indian population and the British colonists.

It should be an adventure. We rehearse this afternoon and then perform tonight. My good friend Fraser is also participating, so that should be fun. Remy Bumppo is a company I've wanted to work with for some time, so it will be nice to get my foot in the door here.

In other theater news, rehearsals for Bloody Bess: A Tale of Piracy and Revenge begin two weeks from today. I grow nervous. It's going to be an intense physical challenge. I hope I'm up for it. Hopefully it will go something like rehearsals for A Clockwork Orange did. Early on it kicked my ass, but soon enough I got up to speed and ended up just having non-stop fun kicking the crap out of people.

No comments: