Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In

Current weight: 283.6 lbs

So, this is a new thing I'm trying. I went to the grocery store yesterday and loaded up on chicken, fish, vegetables, and whole grain bread and cereal. A problem I've run into with many diet plans is too much freedom. When I have a lot of choices presented to me, I find myself thinking, "Well, if I can have this, then it's probably okay to have that, too." Eventually I lose control, and I snowball down the hill into a big pile of chocolate Zingers.

The one diet where I had success was the Atkins diet, which for too many other reasons turned out to be not so good, but I had limited myself to a very strict list of acceptable foods, and I did not ever stray outside the lines. I'm gonna try that again, but with more veggies and grains than the Atkins diet allowed. I feel pretty good about this plan. My current goal is to cut ten percent of my body weight. I figure that should take me about fifteen weeks. We'll see what happens after that.

4 comments:

Muskegon Critic said...

Congrats! I had attempted to lose a pound for each pound Julie gained during her pregnancy, but that didn't work out so well. I think I weigh MORE now than I did before her pregnancy...must be having all the damn food all over the place.

Dan Telfer said...

Coconut zingers are better.

I've put on so much baby weight. After losing so much jogging. Bleh.

Muskegon Critic said...

One thing that I have found that works for me surprisingly well is to isolate one high calorie thing I consume regularly and just not eat that one thing. Personally, I'm referring to beer or milk. But when I cut those out I lose weight at a pretty agreeable pace without much of a life change.

Christopher said...

My problem with that plan is that there is not one specific thing I indulge in more than others. When I see food, I tend to want to eat it. When I don't see food, I tend to want to see food, so that I can then eat it. And once I start eating I don't stop until the food is gone.