Thursday, February 15, 2007

Extremely Important Nerd News

*pant pant pant*

Whew! I'm having a hard time catching my breath after reading this tidbit. Although I have never met the man, it seems that Christopher Nolan, director of Batman Begins and its upcoming sequel, The Dark Knight, is a close personal friend of yours truly. He must be, because he was kind enough to cast my girlfriend, Maggie Gyllenhaal, in the role of Rachel Dawes. At least, that's the rumor that Maggie's reps would neither confirm nor deny.

You will recall that the role of ADA Rachel Dawes was, in Batman Begins, played by Katie Holmes' fripples. While I personally had no real issue with Katie Holmes in that movie, I would say that if Begins had a weak link, there it was.

I learned this all this morning at Batman On Film, the premier site on the Internets for everything related to, um, well, Batman. On film.

Now, I know what you all must be thinking. "Dude," you are all saying, "aren't you, like, married?" And indeed I am, and happily so. But it's okay, see, because Maggie's brother Jake is totally my wife's boyfriend. I know it sounds weird, but we find ways to make it all work out.

PS - For anyone trolling the blogosphere on behalf of Maggie or Jake, please know that the above statement was intended entirely for humorous purposes, and neither I nor my wife have any actual attachment to either Gyllenhaal. Hell, I had to look up how to spell their last name just now.

But you should hear the stuff my buddy says about Zooey Deschanel. Yikes, dudes.

UPDATED February 16, 2007:

It was also just made official this morning that Aaron Eckhart of Thank You For Smoking fame has been cast as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Do you have any idea what this means?

That's right. Boners for everybody.

1 comment:

Dan Telfer said...

Lando for Harvey Dent! LANDO!

Ahem. This will be a good movie. I kid.

In other news, awesome new website!