Saturday, June 17, 2006

And I Call Myself a Writer

Jeez. Would you look at this crap? My last post was last freakin' February, for christ's sake. Have I really had nothing of interest to say in all that time? Has nothing of note occurred? Haven't I at least seen a movie to blog about, which seems to be the thing to do when you have nothing else to say? It's been so long I wonder if anyone is even going to bother to check here anymore.

Sadly, the truth is that I have no life. It's true. Nothing has happened. I don't even have anything to write about right now, except for the fact that I haven't written anything. Pathetic.

Okay, wait. So, Mandy and I found a groovy new apartment, and we're moving at the beginning of next month. That's cool. Also, work on the novel I started for National Novel Writing Month last November progresses, albeit very, very slowly. I still haven't reached the end, although I think I know how it's gonna end. Part of the problem is I've got this other story idea that I want to get started on, and it's distracting the shit out of me. Also, I'm feeling pretty lazy.

I did recently discover the wonder that is the SciFi Network's updated version of Battlestar Galactica. God bless Netflix for bringing this gem to my door. This show is like crack, seriously. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

Oh, also, I finally saw Garden State, written and starring Zach Braff. I was curious about this movie because there are these two guys I know, one of whom wants to marry Natalie Portman, and the other wants to kill her, both based on her performance in this movie. Also, I heard the soundtrack was the bomb. Well, now that I have seen it, I can safely say... Meh. The movie was okay. Not awesome, not crappy. It probably would have been groundbreaking in 1989. Today it's just... meh. I'm glad I saw it. Don't need to see it again. Don't really even need to think about it. As for Natalie Portman, I thought she was completely... adequate. Not awful, not brilliant. I liked her better in V for Vendetta. Actually I liked that movie better than Garden State all the way around, but the movies are so different that you can't really compare them.

I am still looking for a new job, as well, although that has currently stalled. I have had exactly no success so far, and it's getting pretty discouraging. I've sent out probably a hundred resumes by now, and have heard back on exactly two of them--one of which was actually sent to a placement service, so it almost doesn't count. Anyway, I'm starting to think that going back and finishing college is really the only way I'm gonna get out of my current position. Yikes.

All right, enough complaining. It's summer. The windows are open, the sun is shining. the cats are yelling at the pigeons. I'm gonna go for a nice long bike ride today, and drop off the first month's rent for our awesome new apartment. Y'all should come visit some time!

No comments: