Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bragging Rights

The Bears have won seven in a row, and their defense is being compared to the 1985 "Monsters of the Midway" defense that helped win the Super Bowl. I think such comparisons are a bit premature, but it's still a lot of fun to hear. I just hope our offense can keep up.

HOWEVER--

I am not writing about the Bears today. Today is a day to celebrate ...

... ME.

Why, you ask? Because (drumroll, please) I have successfully completed my 50,000 word novel for National Novel Writing Month! You will note that the icon I placed in the left-hand column has been changed from "Participant" to "Winner."

Whoopie!!!!!

The next step is to print the whole damn thing out, stick it in a drawer and let it mellow for a month or two. Then I will take it out and read it. If I am completely embarrassed by what I find, it will go back in the drawer, never to see the light of day again. But, if I manage to remotely entertain myself, then I will break out the fine tools and begin the process of editing and rewriting.

But that is in the future. Today, we dance!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it comes to commenting on Chris's personal stuff on his blog (not the RPG story), I have refrained because I thought it would just be, well, weird.

BUT...

I want everyone to know how proud I am of him and his accomplishment this month. I think it's amazing, just like him. I love you, Chris.

Anonymous said...

Hell yea!

I couldn't have passed the mark without you! Rock!

Shane said...

I would say that I'm proud, but I don't want to seem like a sheep repeating what everyone else has already said. So suck on that!

; )

Anonymous said...

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Or, maybe WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! is more in order.